Excelsior Panelling is now a certified member of FSC. We now hold full chain of custody for all our timber products.
FSC Forest Stewardship Council
Some of the benefits of FSC certified products:
- Environmental impact – to maintain or restore the ecosystem, its biodiversity, resources and landscapes.
- Indigenous peoples’ rights – to identify and uphold indigenous peoples’ rights of ownership and use of land and resources.
- The FSC label guarantees the trees that are harvested are replaced or allowed to regenerate naturally.
- Part of the forests are protected entirely, in order to protect rare animals and plants.
- Forest owners must use local workers to run the forest, provide training, safety equipment & a decent salary. In addition, the forest owner is obliged to support the local community in projects such as the development of schools.
- FSC is a market-based initiative which also ensures better conditions for the forest and the people whose livelihoods depend on it.
If you would like to Find Out More about the FSC then full details can be found on their website.