Commercial Cubicle System Design Considerations
Appealing to a range of people in public spaces can be tricky. However, Excelsior makes the experience seamless with our bespoke commercial toilet cubicles, created with your requirements in mind.
When choosing a suitable cubicle system for your environment, there are several considerations that can help you find a long-lasting solution.
- Current Use of Facilities: The current use of the facilities will determine the appropriate number of cubicles and hand washing stations. Examine whether you have enough facilities for both the current and projected number of people. This not only keeps waiting times for the washroom to a minimum, but can prevent premature wear and tear.
- Male and Female Toilets: As per regulation, toilets should be separated by gender, unless they are self-contained, unisex cubicles such as Superloos. Where possible, a separate, unisex toilet should also be provided alongside gendered bathrooms for all users to access.
- Maintenance and Ease of Cleaning: Cubicles which are easy to clean make for more hygienic and appealing spaces for both users and custodians. Excelsior’s commercial toilet cubicles are designed to be low-maintenance environments – created with quality materials that help to prevent the build-up of bacteria, mould, and mildew.
- Cubicle Design: There are several cubicle designs which offer differing levels of privacy for the user; Excelsior’s cubicle ranges include floor-to-ceiling designs, cubicles with ground clearance, and Superloos. However, it’s important to note that most public and commercial toilet cubicles have ground clearance, as opposed to floor-to-ceiling designs. Why do toilet cubicles have gaps? In public bathrooms, floor clearance is essential for air circulation, as well as making the space easier to clean.
Commercial Cubicles for Every Project
We’ve worked on washroom refurbishment and construction across many commercial projects. This includes offices, shopping centres, leisure centres, public buildings, hotels, and more.
During this time, we’ve become well-versed in the requirements of commercial applications, enabling Excelsior to meet industry regulations and standards for your washroom project. For instance, do you know the number of toilets required per person in your sector?
We work alongside architects to ensure your project is in line with the latest regulations.
Our Commercial Toilet Cubicles
Our varied washroom solutions, including cubicle ranges complete with accessories and a choice of materials, mean we can provide the right design and finished product for your commercial toilet cubicle.
Materials for Commercial Toilet Cubicles
When selecting the most appropriate washroom for your environment, material choice plays a huge role in the durability and suitability of your cubicles. Excelsior provides the following materials:
- Melamine-Faced Chipboard (MFC). Our Melamine-Faced Chipboard is a cost-effective option, suitable for dry environments with a low risk of vandalism, such as offices. MFC is made from melamine-coated decorative paper on high-density chipboard.
- High-Pressure Laminate (HPL). The High-Pressure Laminate material offers greater endurance in harsh environments, with heat, scratch and impact resistance. HPL is manufactured from laminate bonded onto a chipboard or MDF substrate.
- Solid Grade Laminate (SGL). For wet and high-traffic environments, such as leisure centres, the Solid Grade Laminate is impervious to water penetration and offers extreme resistance to impact.
Our IPS Duct Panelling conceals pipework, cables and waste in washrooms through an integrated plumbing system for commercial toilet cubicles. IPS Duct Panelling enhances the design of your washroom space, whilst also making maintenance easy with a hygienic and easy-to-clean surface, which can further be lifted for access to structures behind.
Take a look at a selection of our cubicles, perfect for all commercial toilet cubicle price ranges whilst meeting your unique needs.
Flush 30 Range
This flush-fronted range is a cost-effective option for commercial cubicles. Available in HPL, the Flush 30 Range’s cost-effectiveness does not come at the cost of quality and durability.
This Range is available with a pedestal leg, allowing for air circulation.
Flush 44 Range
T Line Range
Superloo washroom designs can be created from a number of ranges, including the Flush 30, the Flush 44 and the Planar Range. Superloos refer to individual, self-contained washroom systems, prioritising user privacy, especially in mixed-use occupancy applications. A full range of accessories is available for Excelsior’s Superloos.
Find Out More:
Commercial Washroom Regulations
When designing commercial washrooms, it is critical that regulations are abided by. This includes adhering to guidelines for standard and disabled toilet dimensions, lighting and ventilation, as well as hand washing facilities.
- Standard toilet dimensions for the UK are 800mm wide by 1500mm deep, with 450mm manoeuvring space.
- Enlarged toilet dimensions are 1200mm wide by 1500mm deep, with a minimum width of 1200mm between surfaces.
- Wheelchair-accessible toilet dimensions are 1500mm wide by 2200mm deep.
There should be adequate lighting, ventilation and hand washing facilities, ensuring there is a sufficient number of handwashing stations for the number of toilets. Consider additional facilities required by users, such as baby changing facilities and feminine hygiene facilities.
Commercial Bathroom Cubicles: Featured Case Study
Our featured case study for commercial work is Opus Energy Ltd.
Excelsior was enlisted to refurbish the washrooms of Opus Energy’s new premises, a large site which is expected to house a workforce of almost 800.
For this sizable project, our team had to work within tight lead times to supply, deliver and install a range of cubicles in 20mm HPL, ensuring this project fell within budget whilst meeting the Architect’s specifications.
See more of our cubicles on our case studies page.